Ministers of the Word
Here at Our Lady of the Scapular, the Ministers of the Word serve the liturgical assembly by proclaiming Sacred Scripture during the Liturgy of the Word. The competent exercise of this role enables the Church to hear the Word of God more clearly and receive it more readily. Leads the Prayer of the Faithful in the absence of the deacon.
Your responsibilities will include:
1. Preparing for your role by rehearsing and coming to understand the biblical text assigned to you.
2. Participating fully in the liturgy as an exemplary member of the assembly.
3. Proclaiming the biblical text with clarity, conviction, dignity, and understanding.
4. Expressing reverence and decorum in carrying out your role according to the general liturgical norms.
5. Participating in rehearsals of ceremonial procedures in the parish community; when necessary.
6. Being faithful to the schedule and arriving about 15 minutes prior to the start of Mass.
7. Finding coverage if you are not able to make your scheduled weekends.
To sign up, please contact the parish office at 905-358-7611 or by clicking here.